Accepting resumes for the 2019-2020 school year
Please send resumes to
Positions Open for the 2019-2020 school year:
Teaching positions are for highly qualified teachers with permanent or resident educator teaching license in the state of Ohio.
About Our School:
APCA, A+ Children’s Academy, is a non-profit, open enrollment, public charter school serving central Ohio students, mainly in the southern corridor of Columbus and surrounding communities. APCA was founded in 2012 with the intention of providing quality, high performing, and free education to an underserved community. APCA emphasizes the importance of the performing arts in all curriculum areas with the arts team collaborating with the core subject teachers.
The mission statement of APCA is “The APCA Mission is for all APCA students to strive toward their full potential through an engaging, standards-based, arts-integrated curriculum that acknowledges each student’s individuality.” The vision statement is “Our Vision is for all APCA students to be excited about learning and empowered to control their own educational environment.” APCA believes that these statements define the school’s guiding principles which apply across the APCA community and support how to carry out the work. This also defines the organization’s purpose and primary objectives.
The teachers at APCA are passionate about their work and collaborate to provide the best possible education for their students. APCA is a small school of approximately 130 students with a maximum class size of 25 students. Younger grades have a full time or part time aide in the classroom. APCA accommodates special education students with two intervention specialists and therapy. All teachers are highly qualified in their subject area.
APCA is regarded as one of the top public community schools in the Columbus metro area ranking 4th out of 30 charter schools and 23rd out of 155 in all of Ohio. (niche.com) These ratings are based on diversity, performance, and ratings.
What We Are Looking for in a Teacher:
We are looking for a committed Highly Qualified teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full education teaching plan per the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
An appreciation of the Arts and understanding that all classes have a collaborative spirit and commitment to integrating the arts in to the core classrooms and vice versa.
Responsibilities for APCA teachers include, but are not limited to:
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments, etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute education in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse, etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, etc.
- Build positive and lasting relationships with students and families
- Set and work towards achieving measurable, challenging, and realistic student goals
- Increase student ownership in the learning experience
- Highly Qualified Teacher License for the State of Ohio- either permanent, professional, or resident educator
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
APCA provides a competitive salary to other public charter schools and benefits package including health insurance, paid holiday and sick time, and, STRS (State Teacher Retirement System).
Statement of Non-Discrimination
APCA is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school for consideration of any position. APCA does not discriminate on the basis of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 4112.02 of the Ohio Revised Code.