DRESS CODE- UNIFORM POLICY
A+ Children’s Academy Community School is focused on providing a quality education to all children. Therefore, A+ Children’s Academy will implement a uniform policy. Studies have shown that uniforms in school provide the following benefits:
Decreases violence and theft because of clothing and shoes
Instills discipline among students
Reduces distractions for students
Instills a sense of community
Reduces peer pressure
Increases the focus more on learning
The Board has adopted a MANDATORY uniform policy enforceable 2/2013. If a child does not come to school in their uniform the parent will be called to provide a uniform for the child.
There may be no stripes, print or writing on any uniform pieces. No Jean Material.
• Pants, shorts, and skorts may be khaki or navy blue (OR BLACK).
• Shorts may be uniform plaid, khaki, navy blue (OR BLACK).
• Pants, shorts, skorts, and skirts must be worn at the waist.
• Uniform shorts and skorts must be no shorter than four inches above the knee.
• Uniform skirts and jumpers must touch the top of the knee.
• Skirts must be school plaid, navy or khaki.
• Oxfords may be navy blue, light blue, yellow, dark green or white and must be tucked in and worn with a belt.
• Polo shirts may be white, yellow, navy blue, light blue, green, (OR RED) and can be un-tucked.
• Undershirts cannot have writing visible through the uniform shirt.
• School sweatshirts, zippered black “blazers”, black zip fleece cardigan, spirit wear, or solid color sweaters with no patterns or writing (navy blue, green, red, black or white) may be worn with the uniform. No other jackets or sweaters are acceptable. Spirit wear includes school assigned t-shirts that have the A+CA logo on them.
• No jackets, coats, hats, (unless for religious purposes) may be worn in the classroom (on non-uniform days as well).
• Shoes must be appropriate shoes or tennis shoes. No flip flops, beach shoes, open toed shoes or sandals.
• Uniforms must be clean, neat and unaltered. There should be no slit hems, un-hemmed pants or skirts or holes in sleeves.
• Absolutely No oversized or undersized clothing permitted.
• Pierced nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, etc. are not permitted.
• Temporary tattoos may not be worn. If you already have a tattoo, it may not be exposed.
• Males may not wear nail polish.
Download uniforms (PDF)